- National Parks Gallery: In cooperation and partnership with the 5 National Parks of East Tennessee, we are honored to announce the opening of our National Parks Gallery. Explore the artifacts and history of Big South Fork, Obed Wild & Scenic River, Cumberland Gap, Andrew Johnson and of course…Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Native Americans of East Tennessee (Main Gallery): Find out what archaeologists have learned about pre-historic life in Tuckaleechee Cove, from pottery, stone tools. And other artifacts found in one of the largest archaeological dig projects in Tennessee history.
- East Tennessee Mountain Culture (Main Gallery): You’ll see a log cabin made of hand-hewn logs, and learn about one-room schoolhouses and grist mills, while cultivating an appreciation for the resilience and ingenuity of pioneer people of the Smoky Mountains.
- Proffitt’s Gallery (Main Gallery): Coming in March,2017, an Art display from the Tennessee Artists Association
- Tennessee on the Move (Transportation Station): From mules to Model T’s find out about the hardships and joys many people experienced in traveling to East Tennessee before modern highways and conveniences. Please note – Tennessee on the Move is currently being relocated and is closed to the public at this time
Please note that all of the above exhibits are available for viewing with your paid admission to the Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center. Become a Member and receive an unlimited number of museum visits to GSMHC during your membership period.