We are so glad to welcome you back! The Heritage Center is prepared to do everything in its power to promote a safe, clean, and enjoyable experience for all guests.
With the reopening comes a set of guidelines that our staff and volunteers will be vigilant in enforcing. Those rules are:
- 1)Masks must be worn inside the Galleries and Gift Shop
- 2) Social distancing of at least six (6) feet while on the property (indoors or outdoors).
- 3) In the village, only one group at a time will be permitted into a building.
- 4) When using the indoor facilities (gift shop and restrooms), we will require all staff, volunteers, and guests to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth. These will not be provided so please bring your own.
- 5) The gift shop will be limited to no more than 10 individuals at any one time, including staff.
- 6) Staff will regularly clean frequently-touched surfaces.
- 7) Hand sanitizer will be made available for the use of staff, volunteers, and guests.
- 8) Signage will be used to provide additional directions for all visitors.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and take actions necessary to help keep our employees and guests safe. We would like to thank you for your support during this time. If changes are deemed necessary, we will alert everyone via here as well as our social media outlets.
To travel centuries in to the past, simply leave your car in the parking lot.
Join us at the Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center to celebrate the cultural heritage of East Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains region. Our gallery exhibits, educational programs, demonstrations and festivals guide you on a historic journey through time as you visit the diverse cultures of Townsend and Tuckaleechee Cove.
Hours of Operations:
Open Daily- Monday-Saturday 10-5, Sunday 12-5
Adults (18-59) = $10
Seniors (60+) = $8
Children (6-17) = $7
Children 5 and Under = Free
Admission is FREE when you become a Member of the Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center
Address: 123 Cromwell Dr, Townsend, TN 37882
The Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center is 3/4 mile east of traffic light at the Highway 321 and 73 intersection towards the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, in Townsend, Tennessee.
Take state highway 321 to Townsend. The Center is located at the far end of town, between Townsend’s only traffic light and the western entrance to the national park.When you get to the traffic light, do not turn but, instead, go through the intersection – the Center is about 2/3 mile beyond the light on Scenic Highway 73.
From Pigeon Forge:
Take Wears Valley Road off of the Parkway and follow all the way to Townsend. Turn left onto Highway 73 (see above)