Imagine . . .
. . . gathering your family to celebrate an old-fashioned Christmas in an authentic log cabin, warmed by a crackling fire in the open hearth.
. . . celebrating your child’s birthday meal or simply cake and ice cream around a handmade wooden table in a real 19th century cabin!
. . . holding your wedding in a historic AME church, on a cabin porch or on a grassy knoll in the heart of Tuckaleechee Cove.
Use your imagination and come to the Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center for your next special event!
- 500-seat outdoor covered amphitheater with stage and state-of-the-art sound system (Private Events Only)
- 100-seat auditorium with 22′ x 10′ stage and multimedia presentation capabilities (Private Events Only)
- All facilities in the main building are air conditioned and fully accessible
- Six acres dotted with historic structures offering unique settings for your event.
- Motorcoach-friendly driveway
- Lodges, rental cabins and restaurants nearby
- Referrals available for catering, tent and table rentals, music, and other special services
- Historic programs or tours available, tailored to your group
- Set in the scenic foothills, of peaceful Townsend, Tennessee
- Located 3/4 of a mile from the west entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 9 miles from Cades Cove – the Crown Jewel of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 15 miles from Pigeon Forge shopping
- 24 miles from Gatlinburg attractions.
Our Director of Special Events, Logan Hull, can help plan your special event or work with your own event planner. Event ideas range from a luncheon with a museum tour, birthday and anniversary parties, weddings, workshops, meetings, and much more.